What's up, November? You're one of my very favorite months, and I'm so happy you're finally here. This month (as with every November) the following things will happen:
- I'll hustle to get all of the Halloween decorations put away on November 1, so I can promptly decorate for Thanksgiving.
- I'll later hustle to get all of my Thanksgiving decorations put away, so I can get all of my Christmas decorations up.
- I'll try my hardest not to listen to Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving, but I'll probably cheat and listen to at least a couple songs early, but only if it's one of my favorites.
- I'll shop til I drop the day after Thanksgiving
- I will try every seasonal coffee drink at Peet's, Starbucks and whatever coffee shop I happen to be at that has something new and Christmas-y. I will complain that it's too sweet, and about half way through the month I'll get smart and start ordering my drinks with half the syrup.
- I'll bite off WAY more than I can chew, and say yes to entirely too many things. I will spend more than one night up until just a few hours before my alarm goes off thinking about all the things I have to do, and how I'll get them done. This will continue all through December.
- I'll start bundling up like an eskimo, even though the low for the day is in the 60's. That's California freezing, you guys.
- I will crank the heater up way too high on the nights my husband is working, because (again) California freezing.
- After Thanksgiving (but before the start of December) we will drive to Apple Hill to get a Christmas tree. Tony and I will talk about how the drive is SO long for a Christmas tree, and maybe we should stick closer to home next year. But next year we will go to Apple Hill. And the year after, and the year after....
- I'll start burning a pumpkin-y scented candle from the second I wake up, to the second I go to bed.
- I'll put flannel sheets on all of the beds, and make them so cozy that it's extra hard to wake up in the mornings.
- Soup will be on heavy rotation at dinner, and my crockpot will get so much use that it's practically live on the counter tops.
- I'll reflect on the many things I have in my life to be grateful for.
What are some of the things YOU do every November?