Hey beauties! I am so thrilled to share this post with you today!! Recently I was on Instagram, and stumbled across THIS account. I instantly clicked follow, and scrolled through probably her entire picture feed. I tried not to click 'like' on all of her pictures, for fear of seeming like a creepy stalker, but honestly who could have blamed me if I did? Ladies and gentleman, I introduce to you: Bare Minerals International makeup Artist Alex Sklavos.
On a whim, I emailed Alex to see if she'd be interested in sharing five tips to help get you party ready, especially since this is THE time of year for holiday parties (we have one the next two Fridays and Saturdays in a row, including our Annual Christmas Cocktail party!) She was kind enough to say yes, so without further adieu...
I really believe in beautiful skin and it all starts with how you prep & prime. When you look after your skin it will look glowing & beautiful which means your makeup will look even better!
1) Exfoliate! Start by exfoliating to get rid of any dead skin cells and reduce any dry & rough patches (Try bareMinerals Exfoliating Treatment Cleanser)
2) Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize. It’s so important to keep the skin moisturized & hydrated, particularly in this winter weather (Also make sure you drink lots of water! Your skin will thank you! (Try bareMinerals Mineralixirs 5- Oil Blend)
3) Prime. Before applying any makeup to the face, start with a good Foundation Primer. It will help to absorb and excess oil, smooth out any dry & rough patches, fill in any fine lines & open pores AND your makeup will last longer & look better (bareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer is awesome)
4) Choose the right foundation for your skin! When choosing foundation THE most important thing is to make sure it’s the right shade. There’s nothing worse than having a white neck & and brown face. Also make sure the foundation you choose isn't full of harsh chemicals & parabens. You don’t want to spend all your time & money looking after your skin and then cover it up with unhealthy ingredients. It’s also really important to make sure your Foundation contains an SPF! Even in winter, your skin needs protection. (bareMinerals Pure Brightening Foundation, Broad Spectrum SPF 20 gives you great coverage, without looking or feeling heavy.)
5) A good under eye concealer! For all those late night holiday parties followed by an early morning meeting… you NEED a good under eye concealer/eye brightener (bareMinerals Stroke of Light Eye Brightener does the trick beautifully.)
My own two cents when it comes to getting beautified for a party? Go for a bold lip! I recommend Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie lipstick in Risk It All - a gorgeous, creamy hot pink. Or if you just want to dip your toes into the world of bold lip, go for a boldly colored lip gloss, like Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie lip gloss in Game Changer, a gorgeous, sheer red.
Do you guys have any parties coming up? Anything special you do to get ready for them? Let me know!